Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Even Dante Hicks gets a proper story arch

Even though ten minutes ago I was bopping around to “What a wookie”, I have only just realized that I haven't any plot to speak of whatsoever.
I consume the plots of others. Of fictional characters, of friends, of family. I even try to influence the plots to see them all turn out right. This is all to mask the fact that my plot has simply stopped. Ended. With no true ending either, the author kinda sucks.
And “What a wookie” represents the intersection of two separate fictional plots, which only intersect at various places along my intellectual timeline. My intellectual timeline, however, doesn't actually influence the plot at all. It merely influences the themes, mood, motifs, and messages of the overarching plot. But there IS NO plot to create theme with, so there's … just... nothing.
Like that pure moods cd, where there's no mood to speak of whatsoever. It's just... washed out. Like an eight year old with watercolors. The blues the purples the yellows all look great, until you dip your brush again and they all get washed out.
My plotline is like that. Like someone dipped the brush into the water again and brought it back to the page suddenly erasing all pigment and purpose. Everything that makes a person a person and not a hard shell of overly intellectual escapism surrounding a vast void. God, does this remind anyone else of the Neverending Story 2? It's just me? Oh well. Kinda proves my point, doesn't it?
I do my best writing in the shower.

1 comment:

  1. Plots are how we put it together after the fact. Life itself is never linear ...

    ReplyDelete